Responsible for the technical aspects of meeting department Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost objectives. Will provide daily technical support to the production team. Strong focus on ensuring that production lines meet quality and delivery targets. Will maintain and develop the necessary technical specifications and process documentation to both sustain and improve the process. Will use engineering skills to troubleshoot problems to root cause, and put countermeasures in place to prevent re-occurrence.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure that the department meets safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets.
- Uses engineering problem solving skills to troubleshoot quality and production problems to root cause with limited supervision.
- Implements solutions to prevent re-occurrence of production and quality problems.
- Maintains and develops necessary process documentation and specifications to continually improve the process.
- Visits vendors as required.
- Performs hands on line support to the operations team.
- Assists with qualification of new vendors as required.
- Identifies, defines, and measures improvement opportunities by analyzing production data.
- Responsible for identifying and executing cost saving projects in the department.
- Provides weekly production reports as needed to track and improve targeted areas.
- Works with the process engineering team to implement new processes and equipment in the department as required.
- Communicates effectively with all team members in the plant (forklift drivers, operators, technicians, managers, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- Critical thinking, strong time management, complex problem solving, and information processing abilities.
- Hands on problem solver.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Complex Problem Solving