Industrial Pipe Fitter
Responsible for assembling, layout, installing, and maintaining pipe systems on steam, fluid or gas systems. The Pipe systems may include but not limited to: pipe, flanges, supports, valves, gauges, hangars, and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the construction or maintenance site including in buildings, outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers. The work may also include working in underground (excavations) areas and working safely at heights of access of 300 ft.
- Pass a TWS Pipefitter Assessment
- Pass a TWS Basic Rigging Assessment, or NCCER certified.
- Current Basic Orientation Plus (Safety Council card) or within 3 months expiration.
- Current TWIC Card
- Have three (3) or more years’ experience in your craft.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance work history and experience.
- Fully comprehend and accurately interpret blueprints, construction drawings, technical manuals, and manufacturers’ manuals and instructions.
- Possess applied knowledge on the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boilers.
- Good problem-solving abilities and reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others and serve as a team player, while being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills (speaking and actively listening) with co-workers and supervisors.
- Significant and sustained periods of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Must have good manual dexterity to perform precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Excavation (Archaeology)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (Twic) Card
- Self Motivation
- Rigging (Sailing Ship)