To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Arlington, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA-TV is searching for a Managing Editor to supervise the day-to-day editorial operation of the newsroom. The Managing Editor should have a passion for breaking news coverage, digital news coverage, and social media. The ideal candidate will also bring excellent leadership and team building skills.
The Managing Editor’s duties include (but are not limited to):
- Works closely with Director of News, General Manager and corporate management to establish news content, philosophy and brand
- Supervise the editorial content for WJLA-TV
- Proactively exercise journalistic judgment in maintaining accurate, unbiased coverage
- Supervise assignment desk and help with planning of daily assignments
- Provide constructive editorial feedback to news staff
- Make sure content is executed on all platforms, including website and social media sites
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of newsroom experience
- At least two years of management experience
- Experience in a large market is a plus
- College degree required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!