MULTICRAFT PROCESS TECHNICIAN
Cleveland Cliffs Columbus Coatings, a Hot Dip Galvanizing facility producing coated steel coils is seeking a strong multicraft process technician for an operation near Obetz, Ohio. This person will be responsible to perform production maintenance plus perform operational duties as assigned/needed. Multicraft Maintenance includes, but not limited to machine breakdowns, installation and startups, process improvements, preventative maintenance programs and continuous machine improvements, and operation of the galvanizing line. Responsibilities include electrical and mechanical fabrication, reading electrical and mechanical prints, and setting up precision instruments.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment using a systematic diagnostic approach.
- 1. Install and repair electrical systems, electric apparatus and components on industrial process machinery and equipment.
- 2. Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment such as transformers, motors, rectifiers, instrumentation, wiring, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- 3. Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches and motors and positions sensing devices.
- 4. Bend conduit; install new wiring for sensors, valves, actuators, and other electrical devices used for machine and process control.
- 5. Troubleshoot machine controls utilizing a PLC, servo, stepper, and basic relay logic controls.
- 1. Repair and maintain mechanical pneumatic and hydraulic components such as metal fabricating mini press machines, material handling system and conveyor systems.
- 2. Repair/replace damaged air, chemical, water and hydraulic pipes on machine and measures, cuts, threads and installs new pipe.
- 3. Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems, replace as needed.
- 4. Aligns and adjusts components on machines to improve or correct machine functionality and part quality.
- 5. Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder to make or repair parts.
- Test all repairs and installations for correct functionality and proper performance. Record all work completed in the company asset tracking software, communicating issues, parts used and need to restock components to Maintenance Supervisor.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- High School Diploma from an accredited school or institution.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Computer knowledge are a must.
- Detail to Quality of product needed.
- Experience with hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems.
- Ability to fabricate, including metal fitting, welding, & cutting.
- Electrical experience with systems from low voltage up to 480v 3 phase ideal.
- Instrumentation and PLC troubleshooting and programming skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to set up and operate metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press or grinder to make or repair parts.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Transformers (Electrical)
- Low Voltage
- Circuit Switches