HR - IT has an immediate need for 2 PeopleSoft AM Technical Programmer Analyst.
This role will primarily be responsible for PeopleSoft development. Support projects within PeopleSoft HCM application Absence Management module.
The Programmer Analyst role
- Analysis/Design of the Safeway promotional system. Work with divisional business pricing users to understand pricing requirements in order to determine how to modify the promotional system to satisfy their requirements.
- Assist in managing expectations with both business and IT stakeholders regarding functionality, scope, and deliverables.
- Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and current privacy legislation.
- Participate as a team player as we work with Integration, Retail Quality Assurance and Project Teams as well as helping to Development effective relationships with our Partners/Vendors.
- Ability to explain architectural/design requirements in both a technical and a non-technical ways with the project team and the business stakeholders/customers.
- Requires potential 10% travel depending upon project specifics and business locations.
- Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete information, under pressure and maintain project focus.
Support PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 application conversion project, work with business users, requirement gathering, fit gap analysis, design and development, conversion testing cycle support. Implement new enhanced solution on the existing processes. Involve in performance tuning and optimization efforts.
Top Required Skills
Additional Required Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, Technology Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- 8+ years of Analysis/Design of PeopleSoft HCM application implementation/support experience primarily in Absence Management module.
- Additional functional understanding of two or more of the following modules within PeopleSoft HCM: NA Payroll, Core HR , SS/MSS besides Absence Management
- 4+ years of Retail systems experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools including PeopleCode, Application Engine, BI Publisher, Application Package, Component Interface & Integration Broker, XML/BI Publisher, Fluid, AWE, SQR, SQL, PS Query.
- Familiar with standard Release and Configuration Management processes, STAT and highly adaptive to changing environments.
- Strong understanding of coding standards, best practices.
- Experience in People Tools 8.5x, PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 or greater desirable
- Understanding of emerging business solutions, technologies, and delivery methodologies.
- Good trouble shooting skills, strong experience in PeopleSoft business process slow, technical design and analysis, troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of common Retail Platforms, UNIX/LINUIX and Mainframe technology.
- Ability to contribute to making critical and successful decisions under pressure.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with senior application architects and project managers and gain their trust.
- Proficient with PL/SQL, Performance analysis, experience with Oracle 11g or greater version.
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as with a team.
- • Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast changing environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), customer service skills and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about delivering quality products in a timely fashion.
- Eager and passionate to learn and grow in a very diverse and technical rich environment.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to manage tasks and work independently.
Structured Query Reporter (Sqr)
People Soft Enterprise People Tools