Responsible for leading the land purchasing team, while supporting the Vice President of Forward Planning and Department Project Managers for new land acquisitions and cost saving efficiencies and budgeting. Also responsible for managing a forward planning team to execute on delivery of communities for the Division.
- Lead, train, advise, and assist purchasing associates.
- Develop and enforce consistent purchasing protocols and processes.
- Actively participate in the creation and estimating of cost to complete budgets for the Division land development acquisitions.
- Coordinate with Due Diligence Project Manager and Vice President of Land Acquisition as needed.
- Adopt the role of strategist as integral member of the Forward Planning leadership team.
- Coordinate and assist the Forward Planning Team and Project Managers to ensure accurate cost to complete budgets and identify cost saving opportunities and other value engineering.
- Ensure compliance to Purchasing Policies and Procedures throughout the purchasing department
- Coordinate the use and further development of the automated purchasing system and other systems used within the purchasing department
- Analyze plans for cost reduction recommendations and research cost of proposed design ideas
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with trade partners and construction associates
- Interact with the division associates to resolve any purchasing related issues
- Review monthly cost comparisons for suppliers/trade partners
- Participate in the creation of standard purchasing protocols and specification standards where applicable.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers / trade partners
- Regularly coordination with the Director of Land Development for scopes of work, selection of trade partners, awards, and other items.
- Establish and implement new procedures as technology and needs change
- Interact and communicate with the Florida ROC to ensure schedules and deadlines are met
- Work with division associates to enhance the working relationship between purchasing and the division
- Ensure division has the best subcontractors in place to meet deadlines and assure budgetary needs are fulfilled
- Benchmark costs and work with Vice President to develop better benchmarking tools for Green Folder and other uses.
- Manage and direct a forward planning team potentially consisting of Project Manager, Asst. Project Manager and Project Coordinator. The forward planning team would be responsible for processing entitlements, ministerial approvals, and permitting activities for a select group of communities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Minimum of 5 years of residential construction experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sourcing and managing supplier/trade partner relationships
- Have superior analytical, influencing, and communication skills
- Must have sound financial management knowledge
- Must have sound project management capabilities
- Must have sound negotiating skills
- Team Player with ability to work well under pressure
- This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry office materials and supplies weighing twenty (25) pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computer Keyboards