Is This The Role For You?
We hire smart people with big hearts. People who have a passion for their work and who strive every day to help others. Our work requires bold and innovative leaders; people who bring strong values and ethics to their role.
If you’re ready for a career that allows you to grow and develop into the professional you want to be – today and in the future….CryoLife is the place for you.
Provide department level accounting support to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with CryoLife’s mission and core values. To comply with department and company-wide accounting procedures and with generally accepted accounting procedures during the process of preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing descriptive or supporting schedules, and working on special projects as necessary.
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end, and year-end journal entries for CryoLife, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for low to moderate volume/risk accounts as assigned.
- Prepare supporting or descriptive schedules and footnotes as needed on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Perform a review of budget to actual differences on a monthly basis to determine if reclasses, accruals, prepayments, or capitalizations of costs are necessary for assigned cost centers and document differences in the monthly variance spreadsheet.
- Maintain budget files for assigned cost centers including uploading budgets, downloading, history, and reviewing annual budgets and proposing questions.
- Assist in quarterly review procedures on SEC filings and review of XBRL tagging.
- Assist in the gathering of information and preparation of schedules for the year-end audit and other audits, tax filings, or examinations as necessary.
- Assist the Staff & Senior Accountants, Financial Analysts, Senior Financial Analyst – Cost, Assistant Controller, and Controller by entering journal entries, printing reports, and performing various tasks necessary to complete the regular closing process.
- Assist with filing and other projects including: inventory counts, performing SAP test scripts for upgrades, annual review of Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, and other ad hoc projects as identified.
Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors of Business Administration – Accounting (Finance majors will only be accepted if they have obtained or are pursuing a MAcc or CPA license)
- Candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher are preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, vlookups, graphs, & sumif formulas) and experience with Word required
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in bookkeeping or accounting is preferred, public accounting experience is a plus
- Additional experience with accounting system software is a plus
- MBA, MAcc, CPA or also a plus
- Good communication skills preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Who We Are.
CryoLife is one of the world’s leading contemporary medical device companies whose technology and products bring restoration and hope to people all around the world. With a variety of innovative products and technologies available, including preserved human cardiac and vascular tissues, surgical adhesives and sealants, and mechanical heart valves, our mission is to restore the health of patients by delivering innovative technologies of unsurpassed quality. Since our inception in 1984, it is estimated that our products and tissues have been implanted in over 1 million patients worldwide. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, CryoLife employs over one thousand people from various education and experiential backgrounds across the United States and internationally.
CryoLife is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CryoLife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CryoLife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations both in the application and interview process, consistent with legal requirements. If you need a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please email URL blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply. A Human Resources representative will return your call. Messages or emails for any reason other than accommodation requests will not be returned.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)