A Fire Protection Services company is seeking Sprinkler Service Technicians in both the Lancaster, PA & Wilmington, DE areas.
Job Title - Service Technicians (1 – Lancaster, PA area / 1 – Wilmington, DE area)
Industry - Fire Protection/Prevention
Pay Rate – $20-30 per hour
Service radius for jobs = ~ 2-hour radius (Can head straight to jobs from home. Some days you may be required to travel to multiple jobs)
Shift: First shift. Will fluctuate depending on job
Overtime: Yes, at times. Possibility of on-call time for service, weekend work voluntary
3 most important things client needs this person to have - 1.) Mechanical, building and construction knowledge 2.) ability to troubleshoot 3.) must be physically fit and have good physical strength
Job Description/Duties –
*MUST BE OKAY WORKING AT HEIGHTS FOR THIS POSITION*
*MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND RESPECTABLE DRIVING RECORD
- Perform installation of various fire protection systems for commercial buildings
- Usage of wrenches and other large hand tools to install hangers, pipe, fittings, and various materials.
- Lifting and setting up ladders, scaffolding
- Repair defective, worn or broken parts
- Select pipe sizes and materials, measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading, assemble and secure pipes, tubes and fittings, and turn off heating systems to secure new pipes
- May weld and solder pipes to create joints and attach pipes to fixtures
- Layout drawings of full-scale piping systems, and cut and bore holes in pipes, according to blueprints and specifications
- Clean and modify current sprinkler systems
*Climate conditions vary widely from finished condition space indoors to exterior work in all seasons of the year. Work is rarely cancelled due to weather. Versatility in all climates and temperatures is a must.
*Heights vary widely. Work is done on various types of ladders, scaffolding, aerial platforms, and extended boom lifts. A person should be comfortable at heights from ground work to 50 feet, however most work occurs between ground and 35 feet elevation.
Physical Demands - Should be able to lift and carry up to 150 lbs., push/pull up to 100 lbs
Benefits: 401K (up to 3% match), dental/vision coverage, healthcare
All candidates must submit to preemployment drug screen and background check for consideration.
Please submit resume if interested in this great opportunity.