The Logistician/Equipment Manager will maintain and control a system of records relative to the purchasing and logistics for all equipment and contracting activities.
- Will complete all necessary documentation and activities in the procurement, maintenance, certification, and destruction of technical security equipment according to Department of Energy (DOE) and manufacturer’s requirements.
- Will present the service of vendors and assist in the evaluation of the quality of items purchased.
- Complete required documentation for equipment requests, maintenance, certification logs, and updates. Maintain in-house equipment inventory.
- Coordinate all phases to maintain TSP equipment and transfers/loans of equipment within DOE and with other Government Agencies.
- Process, purchase, maintain requests, and related documentation of materials and services in support of the TSP.
- Obtain competitive pricing on equipment and services.
- Maintain equipment and associated records and control the fixed asset inventory.
- Perform inventory control, property management, and maintain approximately 1,000-line items of supplies and equipment.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- An undergraduate degree is desirable. Three (3) years of related finance, budget, equipment logistics, office management, or procurement experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with various software programs to include all Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess sufficient computer and word processor skills to accomplish basic inventory and records keeping entries.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- As required by the contract, must possess appropriate level clearance (Q and TS clearance and SCI eligible).
- All personnel is required to possess an active Department of Energy (DOE) “Q” access authorization to perform under this contract. An active Top Secret clearance from Other Government Agencies, such as Department of Defense (DoD) based upon a single scope background investigation is typically acceptable for clearance reciprocity if the background investigation is less than five (5) years old. It is required that specified personnel have access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical and psychological capabilities are required which allow him/her to perform activities during sustained periods of intense concentration, working with electrical hazards, under adverse weather conditions, in confined and restricted areas. The ability to climb and work at heights; lift and carry heavy loads of at least 70 pounds;
General office environment.
Use Hand Tool