At Piedmont Airlines, our Maintenance team shares experience and expertise in order to deliver safe, reliable service to our customers and airline partners. To continue our standard of excellence, Piedmont is seeking a qualified professional to join our team of Aircraft Mechanics as an Aircraft Avionics Technician. The Aircraft Avionics Technician is responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft avionics systems and components. The Avionics Technician reports to the Lead Avionics Technician and the Avionics Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete routine and non-routine maintenance, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and replace aircraft communication, navigational and electrical equipment
- Complete functional testing and inspections of the avionics on our fleet
- Associates degree specializing in electronics and avionics systems or a minimum of two years of experience working with aircraft electronics and avionics systems
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant certificate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in mechanical operations
- FCC Restricted Radio-Telephone Operator Certificate
- Standard office environment, use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp and warehouse environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- Available to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, standing, reaching, lifting, climbing up and down stairs
- Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly, up to 100+ pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
- Audio Equipments
- Electrical Installation Work
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Functional Testing