Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Satellite Control System Principal Software Engineer plays a vital role on Intelsat’s software development team dedicated to building the Intelsat Satellite Control Systems. You should have a desire to learn and creatively tackle challenging technical problems with state-of-the-art software solutions as well as provide support to a highly skilled Satellite Engineering and Operation team. Your projects will range from integrating new satellites and associated tools inside and outside the existing infrastructure, building new tools around the core commanding infrastructure, to facilitating situational awareness, and supporting customers’ needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Use your boundless curiosity and creativity to quickly build a working knowledge around satellite control by leveraging on internal expertise and bring new ideas and suggestions for the benefit of the team.
- Showcase your software development skills to build high-quality software products and associated test suites.
- Use your first-rate organization and communication skills to manage and report on your progress.
- Use and expand your strong knowledge of existing development languages, IDEs, and methodologies to cover and enrich the extensive collection used at Intelsat.
- Leverage your extensive experience into leadership skills to help lead developers with the design, development, and deployment of high-quality software products.
Can you drive these processes?
- Conduct requirements analysis, architectural and detail design, coding, implementation, testing and maintenance for highly integrated complex information systems.
- Collaborate with other developers on the various software implementation tasks and participate actively in that implementation.
- Identify and resolve systems software and hardware issues, also identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in planning and scheduling all tasks authorized by the Satellite Control Systems management.
- Report technical issues and progress against schedules.
- Produce appropriate specifications and support documentation for applications in development.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of professional experience in real-time data acquisition and processing systems.
- Strong understanding and extensive experience with Object-Oriented Design and programming.
- Experience in C/C++ programming.
- Experience in JAVA programming.
- Experience with user interface (UI) and/or user experience (UX) design.
- In-depth and current experience with the Linux Operating System.
- Experience in developing unit testing strategies and plans, testing methods.
- Experience with configuration management concepts and tools.
- A broad knowledge of computer network and hardware/software interface and protocols.
- The capability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
- Strong ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
- Understanding of the full lifecycle development process, including understanding business and functional requirements.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills with a willingness to work with others to foster a team spirit.
- Proven track record on delivery.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in Python programming.
- Experience in Agile Software Development.
- Experience in leading a development team.
- Experience with Ground and Satellite systems.
- A broad knowledge of telecommunication systems.
What it’s like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Ajax (Programming Language)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)