New Line Structures ("NLS") offers a wide range of services including pre-construction, Construction Manager, Owner's Representative, General Contractor and Design/Build. NLS in the typical Construction Manager as Agent role is responsible for Preconstruction Value Engineering, Purchasing, Construction, Commissioning and Turnover. The Work Model at NLS is based upon "Repeat Business" which only happens when a Client is satisfied. Satisfaction is normally based on Schedule, Quality and Budget.Job Description
- Full-time, entry-level position in the Construction Manager's Project Controls department on scheduling, cost, and quality control assignments related to the construction management of open-shop, high-rise building projects in NYC
- No prior experience in scheduling and cost control is required; training will be provided
- Update project schedules using Oracle Primavera P6
- Assist with construction financials and cost control, using Procore® software (budget reports, change orders, etc.)
- Generate monthly cash flow reports
- Assist in managing the punch lists, inspections, and observations, and with the quality management program in general
- Perform quality control audits in the field
- Contribute in the editing of the company's project management written procedures (we use a collaborative software online)
- Train the company employees on project management, quality control, and construction financials software and procedures
- Knowledge of the following software is a plus: Excel macros, Visual Basic, SQL, Primavera P6, Procore®, SYNCHRO, Navisworks, Bluebeam
- Enrolled in a Master's degree program in engineering is a plus.
- The perfect candidate would have the following characteristics: pursuing a project management career; holds an engineering degree with very good grades; great analytical skills with attention to detail; communicates well; and comfortable training others.
About New Line Structures
New Line Structures (www.newlinestructures.com) is a construction management firm in New York City building strictly high-rise buildings with some of the most well-known real estate developers in the area.
New Line Structures ("NLS") offers a wide range of services including pre-construction and construction management. NLS in the typical Construction Manager role is responsible for preconstruction, value engineering, purchasing, construction, commissioning and turnover of building projects. The Work model at NLS is based upon repeat business which only happens when a Client is satisfied. Satisfaction is normally based on schedule, quality and budget.
NLS is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity!Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Engineering, General Engineering, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Mechanical EngineeringAdditional InformationSoftware Skill Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Other takeoff or estimating software is a plus
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management