To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Wound Care Nurse - LVN or RN - The Villages of Dallas
Ensign Services • Dallas, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Wound Care Nurse
Hours: Full Time
Licensure: Texas RN or LVN License
- Models a service and solutions oriented attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to residents, patients and co-workers
- Ensure resident/patient, visitor, and co-worker safety by remaining aware of and reporting any new or existing safety hazards
- Must have working knowledge of the basic principles of infection control and wound care.
- Must have demonstrated competence in providing wound care that is sterile and/or aseptic.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the special needs of the geriatric patient and the geriatric patient’s skin.
- Provides wound care (bandages, cleaning, applying medication) and assessing for appropriateness of bandage integrity during time between dressing changes.
- Assuring availability of treatment supplies and topical medications (as prescribed by the physician) and procuring supplies to assure adequate inventory or Treatment Cart is readily available at all times.
- Receives ,transcribes, and executes physician’s orders
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN or LVN license
- A minimum of one year of experience in wound care preferably in a long-term care setting
- Knowledge of current professional nursing theory and practice and knowledge of State and Federal regulations that affect resident care
- Ability to learn and implement administrative and departmental policies and procedures and carry out job responsibilities in a professional, accurate and conscientious manner
- Excellent technical, assessment and documented skills
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail
- Ability to maintain a positive, stable disposition in performing work in association with staff and residents. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Will you pledge to live CAPLICO?
The Villages of Dallas’ commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world class health care. Our company mission is to dignify and transform post-acute care. Our facility’s success is dependent upon our highly motivated clinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding our company’s mission of delivering care with compassion and integrity. We value innovation and creativity in our buildings and love a healthy debate that challenges us to learn and grow.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you a Wound Care Nurse who is eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We would love to meet you and hear your pledge to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring a Wound Care Nurse who exhibits the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
The Villages of Dallas
550 E Ann Arbor Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75216
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at ensignservices.jobs.net/join
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.