PART-TIME POSITION ONLY
A Fuels Distribution System Operator is responsible to the Fuels Management Team (FMT) and the Project Manager for satisfactory accomplishment of all assigned tasks to include accountability, security, safety, and task performance within their designated area of responsibility. Will perform duties within Fuels Operations under the section lead’s direction to include issue, receive, store, account for quality check, and dispense aviation fuel, de-icing fluid, gasoline, compressed natural gas, heating oil, and diesel fuel using a variety of fixed facilities and mobile fuel handling equipment.
- Perform duties within Fuels Operations to include issue, receive, store, account for, quality check, and dispense aviation fuel, de-icing fluid, gasoline, compressed natural gas, heating oil, and diesel fuel using a variety of fixed facilities and mobile fuel handling equipment.
- Climb above ground fuel storage tanks, perform facilities and equipment inspections and perform minor maintenance tasks on facilities as well as maintenance as necessary on mobile equipment.
- Maintain facilities, grounds, and equipment within their scope of responsibility in a clean and neat manner including housekeeping, cleanliness, and general appearance.
- Provide fuel support for the 24 hr, 7-day Columbus AFB, MS operations.
- Accountable for meeting safety performance standards and completing all work safely.
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, "near miss,” and hazardous situations.
- Must be able to perform all essential tasks as related to directives in Contractual Performance Work Statements.
- Inspect, operate, and maintain a complete fuels distribution system(s) to receive, store, transfer, and issue both aviation and ground fuels.
- Inspect systems for leakage, corrosion, faulty fittings, and inoperative components such as distribution lines, storage tanks, hydrant pits/outlets, oil/water separator, pumps, automatic/manual valves, meters, and system control rooms.
- Maintain hazardous waste management program and initiates emergency procedures as necessary.
- Perform preventive maintenance on components and tanks, including inspections.
- Maintain inspection and maintenance records and performs quality control of cryogenic products.
- Maintain constant surveillance over all fuels equipment and systems to ensure no deviation from accepted quality assurance standards.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time to include changing tires, dispatching refueling units, and hose pulling.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two years’ experience working in a USAF Fuels specialty or civilian equivalency
- Fuels military equivalent certified qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain and maintain airfield Competency Card.
- Ability to pass a color vision test.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights and weekends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B with hazardous material, tanker, and air brake endorsements.
- Work with the FMD program
- USAF fuels Quality Control Course
NACI Level Required
- Must have a current US Government NACI Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government NACI clearance.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee must be able to stand, walk and sit for a prolonged period of time; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distant vision. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations.
Oil And Gas