ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs all functions required by the brokerage department to service the client
• Performs includes troubleshooting and problem-solving to provide exceptional customer service
- Performs daily follow up on all open issues with the client, carrier, forwarder, CBP, or PGA to resolve any delays in entry processing
- Manages all aspects of the entry process from receipt of documents or data to delivery, billing and scanning.
- Audits commercial documents for accuracy, and verifies description, value, term of sale, country of origin, classification, and all areas required by CBP and any and all PGA’s
- Enters all required data accurately into Hellmann’s brokerage system to complete the entry and achieve full release with CBP and PGA.
- Coordinates with the origin station, supplier or third party to process the Importer Security Filing (ISF) on behalf the importer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent work experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
• Time management and prioritization
• Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
• Interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
- Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
• Proficient written and verbal skills communication skills in English
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Complex Problem Solving