Title: Corporate Counsel, Franchise
Summary: Our client, a fast-growing technology start-up company in the parking, mobility and delivery spaces, is currently seeking an in-house counsel on a contract-to-hire basis. Specifically, we are looking for an attorney with franchise and hospitality experience, with direct experience handling all relevants documentation needed for franchising. This person will work across all lines of business at the company and will contribute to the expansion of the company in different markets both domestic and abroad. This position will start on a contract basis with strong potential to turn into a permanent position with the company.
• Assist with navigating expansion into new markets around the globe, including complying with country-specific disclosure, registration, and filing requirements.
• Create and negotiate direct franchises, development agreements, master franchises, joint ventures, etc.
• Assist with any acquisitions or mergers.
• Assist with regulatory matters, including all filings, etc.
• Assist with licensing and brand protection matters.
• JD with license to practice in good standing.
• No less than 4 years experience within an AmLaw100 law firm setting.
• Direct, significant experience handling hospitality and franchise matters.
• Ability to pivot quickly in an ever-changing market and environment.
• Excellent legal writing skills.
• Superb communication skills.
Mergers And Acquisitions