Title: Corporate Counsel (Hospitality/Franchise/Brand)
Location: New York, New York
Summary: Our client, a fast-growing technology start-up company, is currently seeking an in-house counsel on a contract-to-hire basis. Specifically, we are looking for an attorney with hospitality, franchise, and/or brand experience. This person will work with several different lines of the business and will contribute to the expansion of the company in different markets both domestic and abroad. This position will start on a contract basis with strong potential to turn into a permanent position with the company.
• Assist with navigating expansion into new markets around the globe, including complying with country-specific disclosure, registration, and filing requirements.
• Create and negotiate direct franchises, development agreements, master franchises, joint ventures, etc.
• Assist with any acquisitions or mergers.
• Assist with regulatory matters, including all filings, etc.
• Assist with licensing and brand protection matters.
• JD with license to practice in good standing.
• Minimum 7 years of legal experience, with at least 4 years of that being in a law firm setting.
• Direct, significant experience handling hospitality and franchise/branding matters.
• Ability to pivot quickly in an ever-changing market and environment.
• Excellent legal writing skills.
• Superb communication skills.
Mergers And Acquisitions