Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Springwoods Behavioral Health is an affiliated 80-bed acute care behavioral health facility located in Northwest Arkansas and has been providing quality health care to the residents Northwest Arkansas since 2009. The hospital provides 24-hour acute care behavioral health services.
We are currently seeking to fill an open Therapist position. As a representative of Springwoods Behavioral Health, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct affect on the facility’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patients, family members, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
Position Purpose: Manages and coordinates the integration of the social services function in patient care. Provides patient care functions including completing psychosocial assessments, participating as an active member of the treatment team in formulating treatment plans and establishing discharge plans with patients, including family members when appropriate. Also, provides inpatient and/or outpatient therapy to include group, individual and family therapy to patients of all age groups. Facilitates communication with physicians, other hospital disciplines, referral sources, aftercare providers, and community service agencies. Ensures compliance for quality patient care and compliance with The Joint Commission standards, CMS, state health department, and all other regulatory standards.
Licenses or Certifications: Current licensure by the State of Arkansas. Current LCSW, LAC, LPC, LMSW or PhD required. LCSW is preferred.
Total education and experience: Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field. A minimum of two (2) years behavioral health experience preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work effectively with children, adolescents, and a variety of adult and geriatric populations. Understand, monitor and ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and all entities of accreditation.
- Timely, thorough and accurate interpretation of patient related information as related to functional performance.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required to communicate and interact with patients, families, physicians, hospital staff, and the public.
- Thorough understanding of and willingness to work within established practice standards and licensing limitations. Interpret mission, policies and critical events. Effectively communicate those interpretations to staff and foster climate that promotes continuous improvement and excellence in client care.
- Clear, concise and timely documentation skills.
- Must have interpersonal skill sets to work with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Good knowledge of hospital operations, nursing operations, principles of risk identification, assessment, and utilization review.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required to comply with complex schedules and fluctuations in census.
- Ability to work in behavioral health environment and observe the standards of care needed for patients
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Master Social Worker