To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fullerton, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Judge Group • Fullerton, CA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position: Building Engineer
Duration: 05+ Months (Potential to get Perm.)
Location: Anaheim, CA 92806- 100% mobile position for the SANTA ROSA area.
- Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling. Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required. Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks. Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems. Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC.
- Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations. Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps. Maintains grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing or snow removal. Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed. Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training. Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees. Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills. Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.