ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Specialist is the primary advocate for the consumers on the caseload and performs all case management needs of those consumers. Each Specialist is a member of a treatment team to guide clinical decisions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In partnership with the consumer and other treatment team members to develop Recovery plans which outline the consumer's identified goals an objectives. Plans must be done in accordance with DMHAS standards.
- Using Evidenced Based Practices (IMR, MI, CBT, Role Play, Modeling, skill building, stages of change, Wrap etc...) to provide supportive counseling which assists each consumer in successful integration into the community.
- Provide Crisis Intervention. On call availabilty
- Write monthly notes completed by the 7th day of the following month, which reflect the consumer's progress or challenges to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Coordinate all the services a consumer may be receiving from other programs &/or providers.
- To act as representative payee for consumers who have been designated by Social Security as needing assistance with financial management.
- Assist the consumer in obtaining all entitlements that are available to them (SSI, SSD, Medicaid, Medicare, food stamps etc...)
- Staff will utilize skill building techniques to promote or enhance consumer's ability to establish positive interactions with family, neighbors, landlord, other service provides, etc...
- Omstead meeting attendance where necessary
- Comprehensive Intake Assessment (IRP South)
- Promote independence in identifying and utilizing existing transportation resources.
- Any duty listed in NJAC 10:37A-5.4
- Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Program Director
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in human behavioral science such as social work, psychology, guidance and counseling and child development OR a master's degree in social work, human services, drug and alcohol, education, counseling, psychology or criminal justice.
Valid driver's license.