A Steel Manufacturing company is looking to add to their expanding team with a Human Resources Assistant. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter eager to grow their career within their field. Renowned for its incredible work environment, the company is seeking a highly-skilled and ambitious candidate to join their team. Daily responsibilities will include handling a variety of personnel related administrative tasks while providing clerical support to the HR department and employees regarding human resources related activities, policies, processes, and procedures. If you're based in the Bourbonnais, Illinois area, you may want to check out this HR Assistant opportunity offered on a short-term temporary basis.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Familiar with office applications and software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Approachable and appropriate demeanor when interacting with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- Disciplinary Action experience
- Benefits administration experience required
- Adeptness in Onboarding
- Demonstrated knowledge of New Hire Orientations
- FMLA experience
- General familiarity with Engineering Recruiting
- Practical knowledge of Recruiting Functions
- Background working with Human Resources (HR) Administration
- Policy Interpretation experience
- Ad Hoc Reporting experience highly preferred
- Strong familiarity with leave of absences
- Desire to thrive in scenarios of team-based work or independent tasks, always looking to learn more and take initiative on a number of different projects and tasks
If you are a self-starter who is passionate about supporting a dynamic and growing company, we would love to hear from you! Contact us now - this position is available and will be staffed by the end of the week!
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Human Resources (HR) Assistant
for more information.