Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better. SUMMARY
The Senior R&D Verification Engineer joins the Release Management Unit and is responsible for the software testing of ANSYS applications such as Mechanical, Fluids, Electronics, Pre and Post Tools. This roleuses advanced engineering and software skills to assess how well the product meets customer needs for functionality and usability and ensures that product requirements and quality standards are met. The role worksclosely with other members of the product creation team and communicates with technical specialists on product issues.
Specifically, the R&D Verification Engineer - Benchmarking
is responsible for the overall design, execution and quality of the product benchmarking program including benchmarking for high-performance computing (HPC) and GPGPU computing. The role coordinates the benchmark work performed by multiple Ansys business units working closely with R&D leads for specific physics, the Ansys Cloud team and the Global Partnerships team. The R&D Verification Engineer - Benchmarking will ensure the benchmark simulations are executed in a timely manner and ensure that the benchmark suite is updated, relevant and topical. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specify and write test cases, create, modify and update existing tests, write and maintain test scripts
- Perform functional, application, regression and performance testing in manual and/or automated test environments
- Create test plans and contribute to testing initiatives, responsible for coverage analysis andtesting metrics in specific areas, participate in defect management
- Apply technical and professional knowledge in specialized areas and investigate complex product issues and problems
- Analyze product requirements and develop tests for new features
- Work in a variety of computing environments: Windows, Linux, VM's, Compute Clusters, Cloud
- Create benchmarking plans and frameworks for deployment across business units.
- Coordinate benchmark testing across business units- with aim to update benchmark reports with each major release
- Coordinate benchmarking work with HPC & cloud partners.
- Analyze product requirements, develop and execute benchmark tests in specific product areas
- Participate in defect management
- Work closely with counterparts in Product Management, Marketing and Sales to publish and update benchmark material, best practice guidance and sales enablement guides
- Work with counterparts in Product Management to coordinate benchmarks with key HPC partners and providers
- Provide situational support to World Wide Sales & Customer Excellence organization which includes benchmark-related recommendations, customer presentations, and competitive comparisons
- Work with R&D, CTO office and partners to maintain awareness of new technologies and factor into benchmarking plans
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience, or PhD with one year of experience
- Strong computing skills with demonstrated knowledge of science and engineering applications.
- Commercial experience with engineering analysis software
- This position does not qualify for immigration sponsorship
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with HPC and distributed computing environments
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial organization
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
- Knowledge and experience with test automation frameworks
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Demand Planning
- Distributed Architectures