To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Point, GA 31833
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Billing & Customer Management Systems
WOW! Internet Phone Cable • West Point, GA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director, Billing & Customer Management Systems
The Director, Billing & Customer Management Systems will manage the customer billing system teams and help lead the customer focused service experience transformation. The Director will be accountable for aligning customer management systems across multiple channels and for creating a strategic, prioritized roadmap of improvements and will work closely with other business units including product development, sales, and customer care to ensure alignment with executing their strategic business plans and operational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Partners with the VP of Billing & Customer Management Systems to define the customer management systems strategy and execution for the enterprise.
- Responsible for directly managing development staff that leads, plans, and manages multiple complex billing projects consisting of one or more project teams.
- Lead teams of skilled analysts, developers and testers, hiring and firing, setting budgets, prioritizing tasks, managing multiple projects and work-streams and working with other departments (e.g. marketing, operations, call-center etc.).
- Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis.
- Identify and implement enterprise standards, best practices and technology around customer management and billing systems.
- Leads the development of solutions to complex billing problems and works with the necessary teams to integrate these solutions with the existing systems.
- Provides planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Provides fiscal leadership and discipline including budget management, forecasting, and executive reporting.
- Works closely with the billing architect to ensure that they are including operational requirements and guidelines in the development of new applications and products.
- Works closely with and manages strategic vendor partner relationships.
- Works with billing vendors to implement the billing roadmap to support new lines of business, products and campaigns.
- Provides direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting of billing and customer management systems.
- Performs the implementation of necessary processes that seek to guarantee the integrity of all billing data, system availability, system functionality and audit compliance.
- Oversight of operations team, ensures that all production systems and appropriate test systems are monitored at a level commensurate with the nature of the application.
- Provides training and ongoing support of these processes/ procedures and helps to build the knowledge of less senior staff.
- Ensures that customer management systems are designed, implemented, and supported to meet internal and external standards and service level requirements.
- Ensures execution against business objectives.
- Assists in the planning and defining of IT goals and metrics aligned with the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field of study or equivalent experience in IT Infrastructure and operations required. Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in IT and or Billing
- Minimum 5 years with managing and supporting cable billing systems, preferably ICOMS.
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading large IT teams with oversight of large, complex enterprise applications
- Excellent communication skills, to technical as well as non-technical audiences, including presentation, written and oral communication
- Comfortable interfacing with senior leadership across the organization
- Strategic thinker who assumes responsibility for assigned/delivered work commitments
- Takes ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution
- Responds quickly and adapts to changes in priorities driven by a dynamic market
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Must be skilled in Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point and other related desk top programs and be capable of working within other customized computer programs with proven ability to learn new applications
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- up to 10% travel required