To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor, Warehouse Operations (Second Shift)
Cardinal Health • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
• Direct and manage warehouse associates to achieve timely distribution and receipt of product and motivate employees to ensure that predetermined productivity and quality standards are achieved
• Monitor productivity, adhere to budgetary guidelines, and work to meet Distribution Center objectives and operational goals while maintaining standards pertaining to quality
• Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to insure proper staffing to select, replenish, restock, locate and ship merchandise in a productive and cost efficient manner.
• Hold staff accountable for conducting work in a safe manner, ensure that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform distribution functions and provide support for a culture that strives toward continuous improvement in Environmental, Health and Safety
• Responsible for employee development, which includes training, coaching, counseling and completion of performance appraisals
• Maintain general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, through oral and written warnings; insure a productive work climate within the Distribution Center
• Insure that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained
• Adhere to budget requirements and work toward meeting objectives and division goals
• Recommend and implement programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization
• Ensure quality service is provided to the customers and ensure prompt follow-through on customer correspondence, complaints and inquiries related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand; Develop and implement modifications and innovate to improve the quality of service to our customers
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manage monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness
• Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State and local authorities; primary facility contact for QRA compliance and initiatives
• Coordinate maintenance of equipment, guiding both preventive maintenance and coordinating all necessary repairs
• Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-2 years related experience
• Leadership skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma process improvement preferred
• Medical product experience beneficial
• Ability to relocate for future advancement preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution