$750 SIGN ON BONUS plus $750 90 Day completion bonus.
WHO WE ARE
Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it’s for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. We cultivate a collaborative environment where we work together to get the job done right, on-time with a personal touch. Our website is [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Technician 2nd shift
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a Maintenance Technician on Second shift based at our Bolingbrook IL secure manufacturing facility, working Monday – Friday 2:00pm – 10:30pm. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance activities across all equipment in adherence to the maintenance schedule. This position will also assist in maintaining parts inventories and other maintenance activities as directed by the manager. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair equipment. Must have moderate knowledge of functions and operations of an assigned set of equipment.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance activities across all sets of equipment according to planned schedules.
- Key resource to minimize downtime impact on a set of equipment by addressing the root-cause of the breakdown, repair with urgency and develop ways to prevent the breakdown from recurring.
- Work in accordance to internal and external production schedules.
- Assures that all maintenance jobs meet ISO standards.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Keeps department and work areas clean and orderly; eliminates safety hazards.
- Ensures compliance to published safety and employee conduct rules.
- Promotes continuous improvement concepts.
- Has moderate understanding of equipment functions and operational procedures.
- Effectively communicates status of equipment to manager on a daily basis.
- Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains spare parts inventory levels.
- Moderate ability and understanding in performing set-ups for production equipment.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment. Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens. Requires normal color perception.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to keep detailed and accurate records.
- Ability to focus and perform precision hand movements when operating a machine.
- Must possess a high standard of personal integrity. Able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen prior to employment.
- Ability to handle potentially hazardous materials.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and with high attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and manuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects with speed, quality and enthusiasm.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 2-4 years of vocational and/or maintenance technician experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Pneumatics and hydraulics. PLC is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of five Medical plan options under United Health Care, two Dental options under United Health Care, Vision insurance, voluntary Short-Term Disability, company paid Long Term Disability, company paid basic Life Insurance for employee, spouse and dependent children and optional additional life insurance coverages
- 401(k) with company match
- Two weeks of vacation, six days of paid time off (PTO) and nine paid holidays with no waiting period.
- Opportunities for on the job training, career development and team building.
At Valid, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Computer Displays
- Hazardous Materials