Quality Nurses is seeking a travel nurse RN ICU - Intensive Care Unit for a travel nursing job in Sacramento, California.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 10/19/2022
- Duration: 16 weeks
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights
- Employment Type: Travel
As travel nurses ourselves, we understand all the reasons to avoid taking an assignment with an agency you've never worked with before. We want to reward you for giving us a chance, so when you sign for your first assignment (of 13 weeks or more) with us from now until August 31st we will include a $1,000 bonus on your first paycheck.
Med Sol prescreens
need 2 sup refs (charge accepted) at submittal; 1 w/in 12 mo. & 1 w/in 3 years worked
Modules are required to be done before start of assignment. Modules take on average 6 hours to complete.
********EKG EXAM IN ORIENTATION******
Test consists of 4 lethal rhythms and 16 non-lethal rhythms. Can't miss any lethal or it's a failed score. Traveler will be allowed remediation and a 2nd attempt to pass***
- Unit: ICU
- # beds: 20 bed
- Certs: BLS, ACLS, NIHSS
- Ratios: 1:1-2. 1:1s do not occur often.
- EMR: Cerner
- Charge Nurse: Yes, generally does not take patients, but will do break relief.
- Nurse Aides: Yes as census and staffing dictates
- Weekend Requirement: Every other weekend
- Holidays: Rotate in with core staff
- Scrub Color: Navy - under shirts must be navy, white, or black. Scrub jackets are optional, must be navy.
- Tele: Yes, must be able to read and interpret EKG strips.
- Vents: Yes
- Hospitalist or Intensivist in house: Yes, Hospitalist or Intensivist
- IV Team: No
- RT 24/7: Yes
- Pharmacy 24/7: Yes
- Shifts: 12 hr shifts. Shift starts 645. Report is at the bedside. OT and extra shifts are available. Self-scheduling is used, but is not finalized until Manager balances it. Schedules are out 4 weeks. Travelers can access their schedules from home and make themselves "available" for extra shifts and make trades with other staff. Block scheduling is generally not available.
- Floating:All other facilities. Mid-shift float to another facility is rare, but can happen.
- Floor specific orientation: 1 - 2 days on the floor with preceptor.
- Common diagnosis / Types of patients: Medical / Surgical ICU. Non STEMIs, CVA, MOF, Sepsis, resp failure, post ops with complications. TEEs and bronchs common bedside procedures. Comfort care patients are also common and stay in ICU, must be comfortable with this.
- Additional Notes: Multidisciplinary rounds done on days.
• Medical declination -accompanied by a physician's note
• Religious declination, no supporting documentation is needed.
Quality Nurses Job ID #d422163. Pay package is based on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be determined.
About Quality Nurses
We are travelers building the kind of agency we always wanted, while still working assignments.
We are transparent. Our clinicians are just as important to us as our customers.
We only hire clinicians we'd be glad to work with on the same unit. If approved, you will get your own admin dedicated to helping you with everything before, during, and after each assignment for your entire time with us.
-Pay is every Friday starting the second Friday of your assignment.
We do not provide:
-Any Reimbursements (including onboarding requirements) other than the max allowable GSA Per Diem for qualified travelers
- Weekly pay
- Cancelation protection
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours