About Us: Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) offers educational, cultural, recreational, and social services programs and facilities that provide hope, purpose, and life-changing support for the soldiers who protect Israel and Jews worldwide.
FIDF is currently seeking a full-time Chapter Director, reporting to a Regional Vice President, to support and expand the Chapter for a dynamically expanding non-profit agency.
The focus of this job is making connections with people, motivating and inspiring them to achieve fundraising results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job.
The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others, both colleagues and local Board members. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people; and built by fundraising through individuals, Foundations and Planned Giving.
This role has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing; and requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with existing and new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success.
- Work closely with National Leadership to seek their involvement in decisions related to Development, Planned Giving, Foundations, Finance, Marketing and Events, Human Resources and Digital/Information Technology.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the chapter operating within the approved budget, focus on top line results while protecting bottom line
- Create donor research plan and stewardship program
- Motivate, coach and supervise team members
- Effective communication with the local lay leaders and providing in a timely and accurate manner all information necessary for success
- Work with local Board members and serve as a resource to those who engage in prospect/donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to Regional Vice President and Board members
It is important for the Chapter Director to have a sincere and genuine interest in the importance of FIDF’s mission of supporting soldiers, families, and veterans of the Israel Defense Forces.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Develop and maintain 120 significant donor relationships
- Develop and maintain 200 less significant donor relationships
- Cultivate new and steward existing donors >$5,000
- Find and secure new donors >$1,800
- Collaborate with the Planned Giving and Foundations department to refer planned giving and a foundation prospects. Metrics will be determined by chapter.
- Manage multiple initiatives occurring simultaneously
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement within a fast-paced environment
- High focus on people and relationships
- Enthusiastic communicator, persuasive “selling” style through a collaborative approach
- Leadership based on ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Delegate authority readily
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 5-7 years sales or fundraising experience
- History of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving fundraising results
- Understanding of local Jewish community not required, but preferred
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications required and experience using CRM tools, with Raisers Edge experience preferred
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional international travel to Israel as well as evening and working on Sundays required
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Relationship Management