Ascension at Home - Together with Compassus Associates: Please apply via Workday
Get back to your roots with work that fulfills the reason you got into nursing in the first place. As an LPN – Home Health PPV at Ascension at Home together with Compassus, you’ll be a member of a skilled, collaborative, trusted team providing life-changing care, comfort, and support to patients of all ages. We’re dedicated to clinical excellence and compassionate care that makes a real difference in the lives of our patients and their families. If that sounds like the kind of work you want to do, you belong here.
“The most rewarding part of my job is the connections I create with my patients.”
-Rachel, Licensed Practical Nurse
You’re dedicated, compassionate, driven and empathetic. You believe that every patient deserves outstanding care, and you work hard to deliver on that belief every day. You want to make a real difference in your patients’ lives. There’s no better place to do that than Ascension at Home together with Compassus.
Licensed Practical Nurse – Home Health PPV Position Summary
- Administer skilled nursing care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, for clients of all ages in their places of residence
- Coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Assure continuity of quality patient care delivered with appropriate documentation
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency, i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participate in in-service programs
- Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third-party payers
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure coordination of services; provide appropriate referrals as necessary
- Participate in planning and implementing specialized procedures and duties assisting the RN
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
- Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the patient’s physical, psychosocial and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference and team report
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to and comply with information systems security procedures
Education, Licensing and Certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing
- Current state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current driver’s license
- Current CPR certification
- Negative TB screen and hepatitis consent/declination
- Two years of experience as an LPN in a clinical care setting, home health preferred
Ascension at Home together with Compassus employs more than 7,000 Associates and Colleagues who provide a range of services and other resources to benefit patients and families. Our primary goals are to provide the highest quality care and service in the communities in which we operate and to be the employer of choice in those areas.
If your work ethic and belief system align with ours and you would like to work in an inspiring and professional atmosphere, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with Ascension at Home together with Compassus.
Ascension at Home together with Compassus, including all affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Ascension at Home together with Compassus, including all affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Computer Security
- Health Care