Operations Technology Engineer
As an Operations Technology Engineer
at Cleveland-Cliffs, you’ll be part of a global team making steel that goes into products that are visible all around you. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, collaborative environments and are willing to seize opportunities to develop themselves
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill the Health and Safety and Environmental responsibilities as defined in Cleveland-Cliffs related programs.
- Develop controls associated with continuous improvement to ensure that the new level of capability is maintained such as automated reporting tools, SPC, etc.
- Work with area teams to improve product quality, yields, and process efficiencies.
- Interface with vendors, contractors, and engineering firms whose functions are to provide project support with engineering and technical know-how associated with process improvement.
- Partner with managers and engineers to transfer and incorporate new or revised processes, systems, products, and services to operations and maintenance into daily activities.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with other teams within the business.
- Champion employee engagement and ownership for their results.
- Facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis sessions on chronic issues.
- Lead a team through the FMEA process for specific issues such as:
- Prevention of product quality liabilities
- Prevention of Safety and Environmental Incidents
- Prevention of lengthy process outages due to equipment/process failures
- Assist with capital project / retrofit initiatives in partnership with engineering and maintenance.
* BS in Engineering, Technology, or manufacturing-related discipline or equivalent in experience
* 5 years of manufacturing experience
* Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance initiatives
* Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
* Knowledge of process, maintenance, and production facilities
* Ability to work with all levels at the plant as well as with regional management and technical centers.
* Ability to work in a union environment.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Good Written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
* Genuine team approach to problem solving.
* Working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
* Steel finishing experience with a proven success with continuous improvement initiatives and engaging shop floor employees
* Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma certification highly
* Working knowledge of FMEA methodology
* Experience with Minitab, SAS or other statistics package
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
- Business Process Improvement
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing