To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Production Supvervisor - Operations (Scripps Ranch)
Navy Federal Credit Union • San Diego, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide guidance and direction to Section Staff to ensure they possess the necessary skills to meet all corporate SLAs and KPI goals. To mentor all staff members and support their development. Monitor workflow and volumes to ensure maximum productivity is achieved by their unit. Support file quality by conducting audits to inspect performance and ensure adherences to conditional requirements according to investor and lender guidelines. To conduct and coordinate training for the Section Staff. To assist in supervising section activities.
• Conduct file audit to ensure adherence to all established procedures and investor guidelines
• Ensure compliance with internal and external documentation and disclosure requirements
• Identify and resolve issues with closing attorney/agent, realtor or other related party
• Monitor daily production reports and staff work volume; adjust assignments to meet fluctuating workload
• Monitor the work of lower level staff for accuracy, completeness and timeliness
• Provide input on staff performance appraisals
• Review loan files for accuracy of estimated closing costs and initial loan pricing
• Review titles to ensure clear and marketable title with proper lien position
• Analyze changes in policies, procedures and products; determine the impact on the functions of the section
• Ensure business unit awareness of Navy Federal products, services, marketing, promotions, policies and procedures
• Identify and detect errors/omissions; resolve or arrange for the resolution
• Receive, review and distribute current information regarding changes and documentation requirements to ensure
• Resolve escalated member issues and problems
• Serve as resource for the resolution of complex and/or unique problems
• Act as supervisor/manager in the incumbent's absence
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
- Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
- Develop, mentor and counsel staff
- Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
- Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
- Ensure efficiency of operations
- Leadership Level
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage
Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
• Experience in supervising and leading professional employees
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Advanced knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations
• Familiarity with information contained in a credit bureau report, Fair Credit Reporting Act and credit lending policies
• Working knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA loans & RESPA guidelines
• Effective database and presentation software skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and
• Effective skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Desired - Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the
Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM, And overtime as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability