Lockwood Hills, LLC, an Akima Company, provides critical mission support services for federal civilian and military operations. With four areas of proven expertise, Lockwood Hills can conquer the operational challenges of any federal mission from remote installations stateside to secure locations overseas. Our work includes safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircraft, keeping operations on track with integrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- From work orders and wiring diagrams, inspects, tests, adjusts, repairs and installs high voltage systems and equipment such as circuit breakers, disconnect switches, transformers, grounding systems, poles (metal and wood), relays, lightening arrestors, cathodic protection systems, street and floodlight systems, power supplies and emergency generators.
- Installs and maintains overhead and underground distribution lines.
- Splices cables, forms and seals cable joints, bends and grounds cable. Installs wire or cable transmission lines from power plant or public utility supply point to buildings, substation, and other locations of transformation or use.
- Climbs poles or works from overhead platforms to string overhead wire.
- Sets proper wire tension or sag in accordance with strength and weight of wire, length of span, and wire contraction and expansion under temperature changes.
- Uses block and tackle, hoists, winches, or other lifting and pulling equipment as necessary, and directs assisting laborers or helpers.
- Attaches wire to insulators on poles or cross arms. Where necessary, erects new poles and cross arms, directing assisting laborers or helpers in digging holes, setting poles, and installing guy wire and other supports.
- Required to climb high wood poles, high steel poles, and high steel structures (up to 200 feet high) to replace light bulbs and occasionally to install lights and fixtures on overhead lines.
- Runs wire or cable in conduit or lays protected cable in trenches. Installs transformers, capacitors, insulators, lightening arrestors, switches, circuit breakers, fuses, meters, and other accessories used in connection with main transmission lines.
- Installs street lighting circuits and fixtures. Installs circuits in accordance with specified phasing, series, or parallel hook-up requirements.
- Locates breakdowns and trouble spots on transmission lines by line inspection, power failure reports, and use of various electrical testing instruments.
- Is expected to work 2300kv and 13.200kv "hot" with rubber gloves and sleeves, both out of bucket truck and in climbing hooks.
- Must determine the nature of maintenance or repair needed, plan work sequences and select tools and materials needed.
- Is responsible for knowing and judging the effects of alterations on the total system and ensuring that lines and equipment function properly.
- Is responsible for observing proper safety precautions and completing work in accordance with industry standards.
- Exerts moderately heavy physical effort. Works aloft on poles, at ground level, in trenches and manholes.
- Works from ladders and scaffolds.
- At times, works in awkward positions and restricted spaces where coordination of hands, legs, and body are needed to perform tasks.
- Works outside most of the time, both above and below ground, in close proximity to high voltage lines and equipment. Subject to high voltage shocks and burns.
A valid state commercial driver's license is required.
Required to walk, climb, crawl, kneel, stoop, bend, push, and pull.
Must have the ability to distinguish color and shades of color.
Valid state driver’s license for the operation of any vehicle with a GVW rating of 26,000 lbs. or less.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Knowledge of hand and power tools.
Three-year similar verifiable experience.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
Must be able to climb ladders scaffolds and walkways; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to High Voltage Electrician or
. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.Shift:
Day JobPrimary Location:
Lockwood Hills Federal, LLCJob:
Installation, Maintenance & RepairSchedule: Closing Date(Period for Applying) - External: