A year ago, Tower Health announced plans for what studies showed is a sorely needed behavioral health care facility in Berks County.
In the past year, Tower Health, in partnership with Tennessee-based Acadia Healthcare, has been planning and developing the project.
The 92,000-square-foot facility will house a 144-bed behavioral health and chemical dependence treatment center. It is expected to open in early 2020.
The facility will offer outpatient programs and counseling, treatment for substance abuse disorders and other services. It also will provide inpatient psychiatric care for children, adults and seniors. It will be located on a partially wooded parcel on the west side of Route 183. The land, which already is being cleared and graded, sits between Teleflex Inc. and Penn State Health St. Joseph hospital.
Provides administrative and secretarial support to the CEO. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Maintaining schedules and calendars for multiple department heads.
- Performs desktop publishing; creates and develops visual presentations.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Answers phones, takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Document and distribute departmental meeting minutes.
- High school diploma or equivalent; prefer some college or technical school coursework.
- Minimum 2 years of Administrative Assistant experience required.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Accurate typing of 80+ words per minute.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external.
Taking Meeting Minutes