To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gonzales, LA 70737
- Taylor Power Systems, Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Service Sales Rep. Trainee (Inside)
Taylor Power Systems, Inc • Gonzales, LA
Posted 2 months ago
This position is responsible for training to handle inside sales from the Gonzales, LA store for the prospective Preventative Maintenance customers in the south Louisiana sales territory. This position will be contacting existing customers and prospective customers in the assigned territories. Customers and prospects will be contacted by phone and by email to address needed Preventative Maintenance services on their emergency generators. The training period will be from three to six months.
Nature and Scope:
After the training period, the Service Sales Rep. will be responsible for selling Preventative Maintenance Agreements for all makes and models of generator systems. Detailed quotes will be prepared to include labor hours, parts, travel, mileage and other needed components and services to provide customers and prospects with complete maintenance solutions for their generator system needs. All quotes will be prepared using Microsoft Excel for the worksheet portion and using Microsoft Word for the customer quote letter portion.
During the training period, this position will work closely with Service personnel, Parts personnel, and Rental personnel to assure that all customer inquiries for service are followed up on. Coordination with the Outside Salespeople will be required to assure that the needs of Preventative Maintenance customers are met.
Future duties will also include pricing written bid solicitations from customers.
After gaining experience, in addition to meeting the needs of existing customers, this position will contact any prospect that has a generator to offer our Preventative Maintenance capabilities. Identifying prospects will require daily communication with Technicians, Sales Managers and Management to learn of new Preventative Maintenance sales opportunities.
This position will report to the Gonzales Service Manager and will receive additional direction, support and training from the Inside Sales PM Coordinator.
- Train, self-study and learn from various company personnel on job knowledge and selling skills.
- Provide immediate response to any Preventative Maintenance inquiry from customers or prospects.
- Prepare detailed and descriptive quotations for maintenance agreements.
- Efficiently use computers, databases and software programs to provide fast responses to customers.
- Submit timely sales reports.
- Schedule efficient phone call planning to provide the maximum number of calls possible each day.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers to assure long term, repeat business.
- Communicate regularly with service, parts and rental management to discuss sales leads and opportunities.
- Improve product knowledge through working with technicians in the field and attending available training sessions.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to make phone contact with customers and prospects at all levels of a business.
- Computer skills to use Excel, Word, and Email.
- Skilled in typing, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
- Ability to interpret detailed written bid specifications.
- Must work well with others and possess good people skills. Will be working closely with multiple departments such as Sales, Service, Rental, Parts, and Manufacturing.
- Good phone voice and phone skills.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent.