LOS ANGELES TRADE TECHNICAL COLLEGE
FY22 - AUTOMOTIVE AND RELATED TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
Full-Time Tenure-Track Position
Application Deadline: February 24, 2023 Position Start Date: Spring 2023 (late start)
Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) is a two-year community college located in Los Angeles. Each semester, the college serves more than 15,000 students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds. LATTC has a 90-year tradition of being a leader in academic and technical curriculum designed to prepare students for the workforce and transfer. The College's emphasis on student success makes it a national educational leader with a reputation for contextualized and accelerated learning.
Position Description: LATTC is looking for a dynamic and innovative instructor to teach Automotive and Related Technology courses actively support student success.
* Bachelor's degree and two years of professional/industry experience; or
* Associate's degree and six years of professional/industry experience.
* Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disabled, and ethnic background of community college faculty, staff and students.
* Professional experience must be directly related to the teaching assignment.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT COVID 19 VACCINATION:
Pursuant to LACCD Board of Trustee's Policy 2900, all students and employees must be fully vaccinated and complete a baseline test or have an approved exemption. LACCD employees are required to provide their vaccination status in compliance with the LACCD Board of Trustees' policy. Newly hired employees will be required to provide their vaccination status prior to starting a position or, at the latest, by their position start te.
* Experience teaching in a ASE Education Foundation accredited program;
* ASE Certifications (A-1 through A-8, G-1, and L-1,);
* Current California Smog License;
* Previous teaching experience in Automotive Repair Technologies;
* Recent repair and/or teaching experience on late model vehicles;
* Commitment to professional growth and development and to the continued innovation and improvement of teaching;
* Experience in the use of computer technology and other instructional technology to facilitate high quality instruction;
* Evidence of ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, faculty and administrators including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
* Applicants must have sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students;
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires a commitment to the college of 30 hours per week including over 21 hours of teaching. Evening and/or weekend classes may be scheduled based on the department's needs. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Deliver instruction in the areas of Automotive Technology through lectures, demonstrations, evaluations, orientations, and prescribe individualized instruction in all classes;
* Develop and update courses and curricula, develop and assess Student/Program Learning Outcomes and participate in the Program Review process;
* Develop resources, materials and strategies, including multimedia technology to teach students in a multicultural environment;
* Participate in consortiums, advisories, and department meetings;
* Maintain accurate records of grades, attendance, and class exclusions in accordance with LACCD policy, rules, regulations and procedures;
* Maintain and update Automotive Technology training, ASE certifications and licenses;
* Maintain professional and ethical academic standards;
* Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disabled, and ethnic background of community college faculty, staff and students;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary ranges from $66,220 to $103,310 for the 10-month academic year, depending on experience and professional preparation. The PhD differential is $4,180 per academic year. An excellent benefits package, which includes medical, vision, dental and life insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents.
Applicants will be required to file the application using web-based software to create an applicant profile account, allowing documents to be saved and uploaded as attachments.
After review of application materials by the selection committee, candidates will be contacted only if selected for interviews.
For consideration in the selection process, all interested applicants must submit the following:
1. A detailed letter of interest that describes how the applicant is qualified to fulfill each duty and responsibility including the minimum and desirable qualifications.
2. A current resume.
3. Copies of transcript(s) from accredited institutions (official transcripts will be required at the time of interview). Documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries. You can obtain a listing of approved foreign evaluation agencies at the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to FY23 - Automotive and Related Technology Instructor
4. Contact information for three references (phone, address and email).
5. Verification of Experience Letter on company letterhead stationery indicating:
* Dates of employment.
* Position title.
* State if experience was full or part-time (if part-time, please indicate the weekly percentage or hours worked).
The completed package and required documents must be submitted by 4:30PM February 24, 2023. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply for this position: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to FY23 - Automotive and Related Technology Instructor
For additional information or questions, please email:
Jesus Guerra, Chair
Advanced Transportation & Manufacturing
E-mail: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to FY23 - Automotive and Related Technology Instructor
All materials submitted become the property of LATTC and the LACCD.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request an accommodation in the selection/interview process with at least three business days prior notice. Documentation of the need for accommodation may be requested.
Equal Employment Policy
The policy of the Los Angeles Community College District is to implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition (cancer related), sexual orientation, or veteran status. Positive action will be taken to ensure that this policy is followed in all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, and treatment during employment, rate of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, layoff or termination. A vigorous equal employment opportunity program will be maintained to ensure a diverse work force and to achieve expected representation of qualified members of under-represented groups through the implementation of specific result-oriented plans and procedures (Board Rule 101301).
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
- Academic Standards
- Automotive Industry
- Diversity Awareness
- Educational Technologies