Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Performs professional internal auditing work, supervises and reports on the results of audits. Key component of the success in providing internal audit services is the highly professional staff work and good judgment provided by the Senior Internal Auditor. Work involves conducting performance, financial, information systems, fraud and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with company policies and procedures by conducting interviews with all levels of personnel, examining transactions, documents, records and reports, and observing procedures. Plans the theory and scopes of audits and prepares the audit program.
- Supervises the audit and assigns project tasks to staff auditors who perform analysis, critiques and evaluations to determine legal, contractual and financial compliance in the audit area.
- Reviews documentation, results and conclusions of tasks performed by staff auditors ensuring the success and professional standards of the assignment, and the on-going professional development of the individuals involved.
- Identifies and defines issues and reviews and analyzes evidence.
- Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment, in accordance with professional standards.
- Assists in recommendations based on independent judgment of corrective action and suggested improvements to operations and reductions in cost.
- Writes and reviews audit reports for distribution to management and senior management documenting the results of the audit.
- Proactively develops staff through meaningful on-the-job training and prepares evaluations for staff performance on the assignment.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues and is responsible for assuring compliance with the department’s annual requirements of professional development through external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
- On rare occasions may be required to provide testimony to courts on criminal matters.
- Adheres to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager – Internal Audit and/or Vice-President – Internal Audit.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in accounting desirable and five years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis.
- CIA required
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Ability to prepare a professionally sound assignment plan, which provides direction for the efficient and effective conduct of the assignment.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of all products of audit work.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to research options, devise solutions for problem solving.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%).
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Internal Auditing
- Internal Controls