Responsible for overseeing the profitable growth of the overall business relationships for assigned Supplier Services teams. Manages executive relationships with key suppliers from the c-suite to the channel executives. Expected to display in-depth industry knowledge and use this knowledge to drive strategies & programs across sales and marketing teams/efforts. While agent channel focused will represent total solution sets, strengths and offerings of the entire Company organization. In addition, he/she will manage motivate, and develop their team.
Essential Job Duties:
Management & People Development:
- Recruit, hire and retain a high performing team of Business Managers, Business Development Specialists, Enablement Specialists and front-line managers
- Coach and develop team; provide regular performance feedback, development planning, and supplier management skill training
- High level of focus on team development
- Demonstrate broad strategic influence and leadership
- Collaborate with sales and other cross-functional teams (Marketing, etc.) to understand and enable customer opportunities
- Develop, plan and execute growth strategies to increase share of channel, year-over-year growth, and supplier account penetration
- Develop business plan for assigned technology segment and identify growth strategies to execute against the plan
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and customers and influence communities to cultivate loyalty and drive growth
- Execute supplier programs, driving the behavior and results leading to maximum attainment of bonuses optimal P&L performance.
- Develop and execute ScanSource programs for specific market segments that drive profitable growth with our suppliers, by working with cross-functional teams (Sales, Mktg, Solution Ctr.).
- Provide mentorship and advice to management on how to coach teams to engage with suppliers and drive results
- Measure segment performance, including revenue & GP plan attainment, talent performance management, and KPI achievement against stated goals and objectives
- Coordinate with cross-functional support teams to ensure organization-wide alignment and SLA achievement
- Encourage Supplier Services teams to leverage ERP & CRM systems, support staff, and tools to drive for results and efficiency
- Maintain high-availability to support and coach direct reports
Management & People Development:
- Excellent leadership, coaching, motivating and mentoring skills with direct reports
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent conflict resolution and team building skills
- Strategically focused; provides clear, concise, and compelling messages and direction
- Develop relationships and establish credibility with top executives to strengthen key account relationships, as needed
- Establish reputation as a trusted advisor with both industry knowledge and expert knowledge of Intelisys/Company solutions and capabilities
- Identify and lead the appropriate resources required to develop and execute major initiatives and programs
- Very strong communication, listening, presentation and negotiation skills
- Advanced understanding of suppliers’ business models
- Ability to review and act upon financial decisions
- Ability to review market conditions and advise customers of opportunities and collaborate on a strategy/development plan
- Expert understanding of Intelisys/Company’s strengths and offerings; ability to clearly articulate the vision to supplier partners.
- Serve as the voice of the customer & end user, to the supplier
- Sell supplier value, and align and motivate Company and Supplier personnel to act in ways to drive win-win solutions.
- Strong understanding of Intelisys/Company’s solution set and how those solutions will support customer success
- Expert understanding of market and technology trends
Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Sr EVP, Supplier Services
- 4 year college degree or equivalent management experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in B2B technology sales and/or marketing.
- Multi-supplier experience
- Broad conceptual understanding of key telecom, networking and cloud related technologies, including SD-WAN, SDN, UCaaS, CCaaS, SaaS, SECaaS, DaaS, ITaaS, IaaS
- Experience with financial reporting
- Strong reporting skills, Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in managing $100M+ annual revenue
- Experience in managing team of at least 10+ individual contributors and managers (both in-person and virtual)
- Strong industry contacts (supplier and influencer communities)
- Strong consultative selling skills
- Experience in business planning and forecasting
Coaching And Mentoring
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 587441
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.