To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Whitehall, MI 49461
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
INTERN - Finance
Arconic • Whitehall, MI
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This opening is with Arconic, Whitehall Operations, a division of Arconic Engines – a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, performance coatings, and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets.
For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic student to join our team as an Finance Intern. This position will work on an inventory control analysis/root cause analysis, as well as a departmental budgeting project.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are professional development opportunities, plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues. With over 60 locations across the US, there are opportunities to work in a variety places around the country. Internships typically run from May/June through August.
What are we looking for? We look for interns with: • Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement • A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities • The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment • Willingness to take initiative to understand the business • An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills • Previous successful experience as an active member of a team • A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth • Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy.
• A minimum of a sophomore status and currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program in Finance or Accounting
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status
• Junior or Senior status preferred
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Previous internship/work experience a plus
• Accounting functions (Cost, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, etc.)
• Strong background in Microsoft Excel preferred
• Strong computer technical skills and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite products
• Excellent communication skills both in oral and written form
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently with limited supervision
• Attention to detail
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to take the initiative to understand the business and make recommendations
• A desire for continuous learning and progressing