Job Title: Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician
About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a customer-driven, single-source, self-performing construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our customers. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain dedicated, knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to become part of the Shambaugh team, as we continue to build on our 90+ year Shambaugh success story.
At Shambaugh, we recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: Shambaugh & Son L.P. is seeking a Refrigeration Service Technician to support the Ft. Wayne office. In this position you will be responsible for a wide range of refrigeration service for both ammonia and Freon applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refrigeration troubleshooting and preventative maintenance support for industrial refrigeration applications
- Reading and comprehension electrical schematics, piping isometrics and equipment layouts
- Accurately processing startup forms, daily tasking, and required PSM documents
- Responding to emergency service calls for ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems
- Extensive knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical and controls troubleshooting
- Adherence to all S&S safety guidelines and programs
- Ability to work both unsupervised and with all team members
- RETA certification preferred
- Responding to after-hour emergency calls
- Other duties assigned
Employer may test prospective employees for the presence of drugs, but must first inform prospective employees that they must undergo testing. Should the prospective employee refuse to provide a sample, or should the sample test positive, the employer may reuse to hire the prospective employee.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in refrigeration service
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations, and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Must be able to pass physical examination and Respirator Fit Testing
- Availability to be on call nights and/or weekends as required
- Basic computer skills (electronic documentation via tablets)
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency
- Highly organized, self-motivated and a strong work ethic
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Computer Literacy
- Emergency Handling
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Attention To Detail
- Isometric Exercise