University Health System is a nationally recognized teaching hospital and network of outpatient healthcare centers, owned by the people of Bexar County. Since 2001, U.S. News has consistently ranked University Hospital among the best hospitals in Texas and the San Antonio region.
University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio, with more than 7,000 employees and more than 800 physicians and residents.
Come join our team!
- Provides nursing care that is efficient, appropriate, and therapeutic for patients while ensuring that established security requirements are maintained (as defined by the Bexar County Adult Detention Center and Central Magistrate’s Office)
- Provides clinical nursing care in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Practice and in compliance with the policies and procedures established for the University Health System and Detention Health Care Services
- Obtains initial baseline screening/histories and notes any changes. Reports patient data, observations, symptoms, conditions and interventions to the shift supervisor
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of care provided, keeps appropriate records and tracking systems as specified, and facilitates the flow of written information required to meet the needs of the department, DHCS patients, and the University Health System
- High school diploma is required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) Card is required
- Experience in correctional health care, psychiatric nursing, or nursing in an emergency environment is preferred.
- Must have current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) Card
- Current license to practice Vocational Nursing in the State of Texas
WHY Work for University Health System?
University offers generous benefits packages, including incentives for professional and personal growth and enhanced financial security. Our benefits package includes:
- Education reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Optional insurance and other programs
- Paid time off
- Recognition programs
Basic Life Support
Basic Cardiac Life Support