- Handles unexpected situations by responding effectively to challenges, deadlines and emergencies. Copes adequately with stress on the job.
- Provides timely, accurate and clear documentation according to established policies and procedures.
- Applies time management skills to work effectively within given deadlines. Organizes own time and prioritizes workload effectively.
- Willingness to initiate new ideas. Consistently looks for better ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening skills.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Responds to consumer needs promptly, accurately and with courtesy and respect. Models appropriate behavior. Represents the organization in a positive and appropriate manner to outside resources.
- Supports the missions and values of SUS and draws attention to behavior that undermines group effectiveness or is inconsistent with core values.
- Maintains confidentiality of consumers and staff. Restricts information to those who need to know only.
- Ability to conduct regular NYC-wide fieldwork (up to 25% of the time).
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Proficient in Windows, and MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Can be relied upon to be available as needed; includes attendance, punctuality and occasional work outside of normal business hours.
- Experience in employment programs preferred.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays