Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join us and take part in the autonomous and connected car revolution at Valeo.
- The Software Resident Engineer will be involved with the development of Digital Instrument Clusters.
- The Resident Engineer ensures intense smooth and flawless communication and efficient information flow between Valeo project organization and customer during the project lifecycle starting with acquisition until series production.
- He/she offers strong software consultancy of customer engineering to ensure Valeo and customer interests are mutually respected. Through a deep understanding of customer and Valeo processes and tools and deep technical knowledge the resident engineer provides hands-on solutions for arising issues.
- Aligns with the Valeo System and Software Technical Program Managers.
- Aligns with the customer software factory lead.
- Operate on-site a customer location using Valeo provided development tools.
- Responsible for the deliverables of his role relevant to the assigned Software Component(s)
- Develops and maintains the software detailed design, Sw Unit test specification and test report of all verification of the Sw Component in scope of responsibility (Customer specific interface).
- Spin beta code/ software in accordance with Valeo guidelines when required by the customer.
- Performs Sw Unit static code analysis and ensures compliance of developed source code according to MISRA rules
- Develops Sw Unit test specification for
- Performs Sw Unit test and generates Sw Unit test report
- Check in/commit of artifacts to Configuration Management database on a regular base (e.g, submitting his code using CI, Gerrit, and run delta KW, delta UT for the changes, Also updating CoreALM ticket to implemented status and update his activity status to Implemented).
- Debug and root cause issues when identified at any point in the development process.
- Maintain memory maps of the component for every SW milestone and incorporate them in official release notes.
- Identify and root-cause any cluster software / functional and hardware issues at PWB level, system level and vehicle level for all phases of the program
- Responsible for raising and managing SCR’s for any application layer issue.
- Generates Valeo problem reports for any issue found.
- Make updates to customer EE portal issues and problem management databases on a timely basis until an issue is resolved.
- Maintains emulation capability to allow rapid software validation of beta changes and maintains deep-trace capability for debugging software.
- Provides update about the status of own work in regular project meetings
- Ensures quality of all owned deliverables (e.g maintaining the objectives of all process KPIs and Sw Code quality metrics for the software component in his ownership)
- Reports Software Component Maturity Report to Software Implementation lead and Software Integration Lead.
- Ensures development work is fulfilling the Software Requirements Specification, and Software Architecture..
- Implements fixes and changes required by problem reports and change requests
- Performs and participates in peer reviews for software, design and document (e.g. requirement and test specifications).
- Collaborate with offshore Valeo teams.
- Position is at customer technical center location
- Support business development in technical areas are required.
- Experience with application development on SoCs processors
- Good understanding of ARM architecture, Image / Signal and graphics processors
- Understanding of video formats and streaming protocols is a plus
- Familiarity with communication protocols and analysis using logic analyzers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IBM Rational DOORS experience is a plus
- Enterprise Architect experience is a plus
- Experience with embedded debugger tools is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience with GIT or similar version control tools
- Experience with functional safety or cyber security is a plus
- Understanding of software engineering principles and best practices
- Ability to work in globally distributed project team
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE, CMM, or other software development process model is a plus
Let's talk about you...
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical/Systems Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science.
- 2-5 years of work experience in the field of embedded software engineering, ideally in the automotive industry.
- Strong experience in Software development using Embedded C & C
- Good knowledge of industry coding standards (MISRA ,CyberSecurity ..,etc)
- Good knowledge of writing tests, debugging , knowledge in documentation and test tools.
- Knowledge of process models (e.g. Automotive SPICE®)
- Knowledge of ISO26262/SOTIF Functional Safety Standards
Thanks to its strategy focused on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of the three revolutions which are disrupting the automotive sector\: electrification, autonomous and connected cars, and digital mobility. These are revolutions that Valeo has been able to anticipate and which today provide amazing career opportunities, including internationally! At Valeo, innovation is driven by the diversity, authenticity and energy of its talent. Are you looking for new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees across 33 countries! More information on Valeo \:[ Link removed ] [ Link removed ] m
- Arm Architecture
- Automotive Industry
- Business Development
- Communications Protocols
- Computer Engineering