Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in either the Phoenix, Atlanta, or Minneapolis office:
Government Healthcare Actuarial Consultant
What can you expect?
- Be a part of the team that leverages our knowledge and expertise to help states manage the challenges and complexities of the health care world
- We value continuous improvement in the quality of our client work and in the personal and professional growth of our people
- The Actuarial Consultant will project manage the data modeling process for projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs. Also, this role uses expertise to provide the technical review of data, manages tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, the Government Human Services Consulting team offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
What’s in it for you?
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits in addition to employee discounts and other ancillary benefits
- This position also offers 20 vacation days annually
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks. Having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Participate in initial meetings with client or project lead to define the scope of the project
- Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models
- Document client calls and capture accurate information to determine project and data scope
- Define and design architecture of data model through the following tasks: evaluate project scope to determine if there is a need to create new data model or use/modify an existing data model; define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction for the project's actuarial advisor; ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS degree
- Must have taken actuarial exams or have actuarial credentials (ASA or FSA, MAAA)
- 3+ years of Health & Benefits or relevant actuarial experience
- Microsoft Office experience including Excel, Access and PowerPoint
What makes you ideal for the role?
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Government Healthcare Actuarial Consultant
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees. Whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Government Healthcare Actuarial Consultant We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Microsoft Power Point