There are Roughing Operator I positions based in Irvine, but from time to time maybe assigned to the Corry/Warren Plants that maybe awarded in the near future. The successful candidate(s) may be required to work rotating shifts, including 24/7 and in some areas, there may be seven-day continuous schedules and there will be times when overtime work (over 40 hours/week) will be mandatory.
Roughing Operator I - Essential Job Functions - but not limited to the following:
* Operates a variety of conventional metal-cutting and related processing machines and equipment, including but not limited to lathes, and saws for a wide range of steel forged products.
* Plans and performs setups, layouts, and execution of work according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
* Determines proper operation sequence, selects speeds, feeds, and cutting tools according to type of materials and finish requirements.
* Uses of special holding fixtures, counterbalances and counterweights for positioning and securing products in machines and to assure tolerances are achieved.
* Operates overhead cranes and/or radio-controlled cranes when and where required and/or assigned.
* Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules.
* Maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
* Maintains all reports and recordkeeping as required.
* Train others in the proper operation of any and/or all machinery within the Machine Shop classifications/groups.
* Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines.
* Maintains all housekeeping in work area.
* Performs other routine labor work as assigned and as required in accordance with production flow.
* Attend all required meetings and trainings
Regular attendance as scheduled is an essential function.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/ females/veterans/individuals with disabilities /sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Quality Management
- Cutting Tool (Machining)