To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Director (Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required)
Perspecta • Chantilly, VA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities
Perspecta is hiring for a Business Development Director in Chantilly, VA. This position will be responsible for managing the function and identifying business opportunities for the Company and developing relationships with key decision makers in the government marketplace.
- Develops key business relationships in the DIA government marketplace, with a primary responsibility for identifying and developing opportunities for business expansion.
- Supports the development of DIA customer or market penetration strategies and individual opportunity win strategies, account plans, technology development plans, and partnering strategies.
- Acts as liaison with DIA government agencies and offices.
- Ensures that the business development strategy is implemented.
- Leads teams in order to develop and deliver various professional services solutions to include whitepapers, demonstrations, proposals and other internally developed products used to identify, qualify and capture new business.
- Works closely with the pursuit team and account team to understand the scope of the engagement and contract in order to provide requisite analysis/information and recommendations to the pursuit and account teams.
- Leads deal teams and represents the company to the customer for IT Programs.
- Assembles all required resources/skills to develop proposal, pursue and win IT programs
- Coordinates all deal team efforts with sponsorship of the IG.
- Assists in opportunity identification, qualification and risk assessment.
- Validates/endorses the technical solution for the deal. Works with delivery to assure that solution design can be properly delivered.
- Develops deal timeline and ensures that pursuit team meets deal milestones and deadlines.
- Leads pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
- Assess and quantify risk for major, high-stakes projects and programs.
- Makes decisions on program staffing resource planning.
- Assigned to close one or more accounts with approximate annual revenue $50-100M
- Represents the organization to other businesses within the company and to external customers/clients.
- Acts as subject matter expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Bachelor's degree or a technical degree with a minimum of 16 years’ experience in Sales, Capture or Solution Development support for professional services firms that contract to the DIA
- Formally credited with multiple prime contract wins with the VA in excess of $50M each
- Strong working knowledge of the VA’s information technology, acquisition, and operating organizations.
- 10+ years directly related experience in IT Sales/Capture/Solution Development and/typically 15+ years in complex IT service business environment.
- Demonstrate business, technical, or functional knowledge at the mastery level, a well as administration or operations knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of technology services solutions preferred
- High level of vertical industry knowledge in IT domains.
- Able to influence deals where the company is not the low-cost provider.
- In-depth vertical solution expertise.
- Leadership skills in directing pursuit and/or delivery teams.
- Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling and business development skills.
- Business and customer oriented team player with ability to form alliances
- Strong influencing and communication skills at a CIO level.
- Ability to cope with very high peak workloads, extensive travel and periods away from home, short deadlines and significant pressure.