Chemistry Laboratory Director
Kelly Scientific would like to present an exciting direct hire (full-time) Laboratory Director opportunity at a privately held, full-service environmental chemistry testing laboratory located in Sacramento, CA area.
BASIC POSITION FUNCTION:
Under general and limited supervision, the Lab Director serves as the primary technical consultant between the company and its clients. The Lab Director is responsible for all analytical projects, process through performance and final report delivery. A critical aspect of their duties is to manage and provide focused oversight for multiple complex laboratory projects simultaneously. They will maintain communications between Project Managers, Account Representatives and laboratory operations in meeting the requirements of the company’s clients. Further, they will monitor compliance with industry regulations, contractual requirements, program management processes and program specifications. In all cases, they will work toward achieving goals for revenue, profit and customer service through effective utilization of laboratory capacity.
As Lab Director, they will be required to supervise and manage department supervisors in an analytical multi-department process, assuring deadlines are met and required tools are available.
- Review and assure the results of the analysis and analytical services performed by the company.
- Oversight of each aspect of the testing, analysis and reporting that is performed by the company.
- Ensure that each department is operated in a safe manner and is in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Oversight of all processes and documentation required to meet the specifications of its clients and conformity with regulation guidelines.
- Oversees that all departments’ equipment is operating functionally, conforms to mandatory performance guidelines and/or is repaired as required.
- Maintains a functionally well-trained staff, with appropriate technology to perform all functions required.
- Review and implement all guidelines and/or recommendations as defined in all Certification or Accreditation Processes.
The duties of the Lab Director include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform random checking of completed files and QA/QC reports.
- Approve for sign-off on the final reports prior to release to the client.
- Be responsible for the interface to LIMS templates and status.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding services rendered and report submitted.
- Maintain a well-trained staff that has the ability to provide all services required.
- Ensure that all supplies are adequate to perform services and oversight of process.
- Perform any other duties as necessary or requested by senior management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry with + 10 years of demonstrated experience in analytical testing including supervisory and business management experience.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, sophisticated chemical analysis experience, strong organizational and management skills.
- All requirements outlined in the most recent NELAC Accreditation Process are implemented and followed.
- Must have environmental lab auditing experience
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect
with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Product Quality Assurance