Town Lakes Apartments is currently seeking a hardworking, self-motivated, Make Ready Maintenance Technician to join our successful and growing team! If you have the skills required for this position, apply today and see why Edward Rose & Sons is the right career move for you!
The Make Ready Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing required steps to ensure all vacant apartment homes are restored to a market-ready status, within the allotted time-frame and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Successful candidates will possess basic maintenance skills, along with some organizational skills to track the status of apartments being turned.
Maintenance Technicians are required to have an understanding of hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. The right candidate will be highly motivated and capable of performing all turnover maintenance tasks.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining high standards.
- Ensuring timely completion of turnover deadlines.
- Following hazardous communication and bloodborne pathogen guidelines, as well as other safety-related protocols.
- Completing administrative paperwork as necessary.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle inspection report.
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Ability to complete full vacant turn process.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking, and grouting required.
- Experience with windows, appliances, faucets, garbage disposals, and door lock repairs and replacements, as well as carpentry and ceramic tile installation.
- Some electrical and plumbing experience preferred.
- HVAC knowledge is a plus.
- Open to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must adhere to company team-apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Compensation: Starting at $15.87 per hour or higher, based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)