We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our client based team in Reston VA.
The individual serves as the point person for the Corporate Real Estate projects JLL will be handling. Responsibilities include the management of multi-disciplined projects from inception to closeout.
- Delivers senior level project management supervision over assigned client projects.
- Provide superior client service to both internal and external clients.
- Contribute to the growth of the company through project execution.
- Enhance own professional and personal skills with continuous development.
- Meet assigned financial, budget, and schedule targets.
Proactively identify, report, and mitigate all project risk issues and document all weekly meetings.
Develop project scopes, budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
Flexibility with work hours and overnight travel as needed. Local travel is required.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria the meets the client needs.
Coordinate and track all Vendor RFP’s. Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
Interact, negotiate with and coordinate activities of vendors and relocation of technical functions.
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of projects by guiding the client and project team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documentation and sign-off.
- Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Facilitate a project kick-off meeting with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned.
- Manage multiple projects at one time in various phases of development and to meet or exceed established goals including schedule, quality, and budget.
- Oversee vendor and project team members’ work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, service provider reputation, errors and omissions) within the team and to the client.
- Assist Account Management in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Understanding of technical requirements for tenant improvements and business relocation
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Client and/or JLL PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
- Maintain an established safety culture which allows for a Safe, Innovative and Productive workplace experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or Construction Management is preferred.
- 15+ years project management experience in all aspects of Design, Construction and Project Management.
- Experience in secure facility construction is a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP certification, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level clients.
- Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently.
- Has a solid understanding of construction methods, understands timeframes for implementation and how it affects pricing.
- Must have detailed experience in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling.
- Ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members. Prepare various RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at URL blocked - click to apply.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at URL blocked - click to apply
American Institute Of Architects
Request For Proposal