To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lumberton, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Crisis Outreach Counselor
RHA Health Services • Lumberton, NC
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support. RHA is dedicated to supporting people as they strive for increasing independence, personal growth and opportunities in their communities. The guiding principle of RHA is that every person is unique and, therefore, every path to independence, recovery and wellness is unique. Our approach to care puts the needs of the people and communities we serve at the center of every decision.
Calling all compassionate and caring behavioral health specialists who are looking to partner with a community based service provider offering mental health and substance abuse services where individuals live and work.
RHA Behavioral Health Services is looking for dedicated Behavioral Health Specialists (Qualified Professionals) to join our interdisciplinary healthcare team providing support to individuals in residential, school, workplace and community settings.
In this dynamic and rewarding role, there is an emphasis on creating interventions that are strength-based and focused on promoting recovery, symptom reduction, increased coping skills, and achievement of the highest level of functioning for the client in the community.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
As a Behavioral Health Specialist you will be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and revision to the Person Centered Plan in conjunction with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Additional responsibilities of the Behavioral Health Specialist include:
- Facilitating relationships and serving as a link between the company, parents, guardians, local agencies and the community
- Minimizing the negative effects of psychiatric symptoms or substance dependence that interfere with the recipient’s daily living and personal development, providing supportive counseling
- Supporting the client in the development of various skill building activities, including: daily and community living skills, socialization skills, adaptation skills, and behavior and anger management
- Participating in a first responder on-call system available to consumers and/or his/her natural support network on a 24/7/365 basis; coordinates “first response" resources according to consumer need and the PCP
- Performing Case Management functions of linking and arranging for services and referrals
- Working closely with other clinical/professional staff to maintain communication and providing feedback, standardizing procedures and expediting PCP implementation
- Ensuring that all initial and reauthorizations for services occur in a timely fashion
- Monitoring utilization of service to ensure that it is effective, appropriate, and within the limits set forth in both rule, PCP, and the service authorization
Candidates for the Behavioral Health Specialist role are considered “Qualified Professionals" based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor Degree (Not Human Services field) & 4+ years full-time experience with population served OR
- Bachelor Degree (in Human Services field) & 2+ years full-time experience with population served OR
- Master’s Degree or Higher & 1+ years full-time experience with population served.
- License, Provisional License, Certificate, Registration, Permit issued by governing board regulating human service profession.
- Human Service Degrees Include: Social Service, Sociology, Psychology, or other Human Service Degrees.
- Populations Served Include: Mentally Ill-Child, Mentally Ill- Adult, Substance Abuse-Adult, Substance Abuse-Child
RHA Behavioral Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
Canvassing impacted areas and offering brief educational and supportive contact.
Actively listen and provide emotional support to survivors
Assist survivors in understanding their emotional reactions through individual and group counseling
Create resource lists and link survivors to assistance with behavioral health services, disaster recovery resources, and tangible goods
Represent the program at various events and meetings in the community
Provide presentations to community groups on disaster reactions, coping skills, stress management, and the program
Enter data related to survivor encounters into the mobile application device
Attend trainings for the program as directed
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.