The Community Support Worker is responsible for conducting community support activities in accordance with VOA Chesapeakes operation as a Core Service Agency. In this role, the Community Support Worker provides consumer services that are essential for assisting the consumer in the achievement of rehabilitation and recovery goals as defined in the consumers Individualized Service Plan. Approximately 90% of the time, the Community Support Worker will be engaged in activities out in the community and/or the consumers natural setting.
Successful candidates must have completed at least four years of study at an institution of higher education: or have at least three years of experience in a relevant human service field. A minimum requirement of at least one-year of related human service activities. Excellent writing skills, knowledge of computer, must have own transportation. Experience working in a community based/multi-cultural setting and with individuals living with a Severe and Persistent Mental Illness is preferred. Supervision for licensure is provided on-site.
Most importantly, the successful candidate must be able to develop effective working relationships with the consumer population, be self-motivated and able to motivate others, be able to relate to individuals making significant life decision, possess strong organizational skills, and have strong oral and written communication skills. The individual must also be computer proficient.OTHER:
- This position requires driving the company vehicle (up to 15 passengers) and/or your personal vehicle for company business including transporting clients/residents. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid drivers license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (will be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable DOH background check, FBI Fingerprint, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug/TB Screening and Health Certificate
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
- Manage a caseload of approximately 40 adults
- Assist the consumer in the development of interpersonal and community coping skills.
- Assist the consumer in the development of relapse and symptom management strategies and plans.
- Participate in the preparation of the Individualized Service Plan with specific, measurable, behavioral objectives, and action plans.
- Provide and coordinate referrals to make sure that the consumer receives the requested assistance.
- Conducts visits to the consumers job site, home, hospital room and other natural settings.
- Transport consumers in personal vehicle
- Transport or coordinate transportation for consumers as needed
- Adheres to Volunteers of America Chesapeakes documentation requirements
- Documents all billable activities IAW MHRS/VOAC Standards
- Meet weekly with the Treatment Team to discuss programmatic issues.
- Turn in billing/Progress notes weekly
- Establish and maintain a community resources and referral index.
- Provide crisis intervention to consumers
- Perform duties as outlined in Programs Operation Manual.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Meet assigned weekly/monthly productivity requirements
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally, ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Salary is INCLUSIVE of mileage, and no additional mileage reimbursement will be available for this position. OTHER DUTIES:
- Improve or increased stability in the consumers level of functioning.
- Insures that each consumers individualized needs are met.
- Insures that all documentation pertaining to consumer services is completed in compliance with agency policies and funding source requirements.
- Presents a positive image to the residents and public.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Crisis Intervention
- Diversity Awareness