You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Community Support Worker
Successful candidates must have completed at least four years of study at an institution of higher education: or have at least three years of experience in a relevant human service field. A minimum requirement of at least one-year of related human service activities. Excellent writing skills, knowledge of computer, must have own transportation. Experience working in a community based/multi-cultural setting and with individuals living with a Severe and Persistent Mental Illness is preferred. Supervision for licensure is provided on-site.Most importantly, the successful candidate must be able to develop effective working relationships with the consumer population, be self-motivated and able to motivate others, be able to relate to individuals making significant life decision, possess strong organizational skills, and have strong oral and written communication skills. The individual must also be computer proficient.OTHER:
- This position requires driving the company vehicle (up to 15 passengers) and/or your personal vehicle for company business including transporting clients/residents. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid drivers license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (will be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable DOH background check, FBI Fingerprint, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug/TB Screening and Health Certificate
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
- Manage a caseload of approximately 40 adults
- Assist the consumer in the development of interpersonal and community coping skills.
- Assist the consumer in the development of relapse and symptom management strategies and plans.
- Participate in the preparation of the Individualized Service Plan with specific, measurable, behavioral objectives, and action plans.
- Provide and coordinate referrals to make sure that the consumer receives the requested assistance.
- Conducts visits to the consumers job site, home, hospital room and other natural settings.
- Transport consumers in personal vehicle
- Transport or coordinate transportation for consumers as needed
- Adheres to Volunteers of America Chesapeakes documentation requirements
- Documents all billable activities IAW MHRS/VOAC Standards
- Meet weekly with the Treatment Team to discuss programmatic issues.
- Turn in billing/Progress notes weekly
- Establish and maintain a community resources and referral index.
- Provide crisis intervention to consumers
- Perform duties as outlined in Programs Operation Manual.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Meet assigned weekly/monthly productivity requirements
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally, ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Improve or increased stability in the consumers level of functioning.
- Insures that each consumers individualized needs are met.
- Insures that all documentation pertaining to consumer services is completed in compliance with agency policies and funding source requirements.
- Presents a positive image to the residents and public.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Crisis Intervention
- Diversity Awareness
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 56648
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.