.END USER ADMINISTRATOR
Medline is looking for a full-time End-User Computing Administrator who specializes in providing users with an optimized user experience using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), VMware Workspace ONE, Active Directory, and VDI technologies in our Northfield, IL office.
Responsibilities will include building, deploying, managing, and troubleshooting the Microsoft SCCM application, managing SCCM agents, monitoring software updates/patch management advertisements, creating complex custom-built reports utilizing Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, monitoring server and client components, software deployments, software metering, and in-depth troubleshooting of any issues related to the SCCM infrastructure or functionalities. This position also includes administrating and managing our VMware Workspace ONE and Horizon VDI endpoint management solutions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Information Services partners to ensure accurate definition of technical requirements and fulfillment of assigned projects.
- Proactively researches and tests new technologies and infrastructure upgrades which includes planning, testing, and implementing minor and major upgrades of the SCCM, VMware Horizon, and VMware Workspace ONE infrastructures in coordination with other IS Engineering teams.
- Proactively reviews and resolves assigned escalated trouble tickets from End-User Services or IS engineering teams to ensure maximum uptime and productivity. Also, effectively documents and communicates the resolution of problems to IS partners as appropriate.
- Creates and updates technical documentation to be used by End-User Services and Systems Engineering teams.
- Works with Information Services partners to ensure End User Computing equipment is compliant as per IS security operations policies.
- Works with the local technicians and management in a collaborative way to ensure all enterprise end point equipment is properly maintained and optimized
- Working knowledge of T-SQL scripting in conjunction with SQL Reporting Services and ability to create complex custom reports.
- Working knowledge of automating manual processes using scripting languages (PowerShell preferred, Visual Basic).
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10), and the Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016, 365 Suite of applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of application testing environments.
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) (VMware).
- Required novice knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches and network protocols, including WAN/MPLS, and TCP/IP.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Group Policies, and Windows Servers.
- An understanding and familiarity with Mobile Device Management technologies is a plus.
- Requires familiarity with project management principles.
- Must possess professional written and oral communications skills and the ability to clearly define objectives, goals, schedules, and assignments.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users.
- Must exercise sound independent judgment under minimal supervision.
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft certification in System Center Configuration Manager 2012 or newer preferred
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certification
- 3+Years: Installing and supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops and Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- 3+ Years: Implementing and supporting Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- 2+ Years: Experience with administrative scripts (VBScript, Java Script, PowerShell, etc.).
- 1+ Years: Supporting a VMware Horizon/View environment preferred.
- Must understand software distribution methodologies and practices.
- Technically astute in the areas of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Objects and Distributed File System Namespace and Replication.
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated and looking for an excellent growth opportunity
- Must possess outstanding customer services abilities.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to work in a flexible work schedule in order to accommodate business needs.
- Application Testing
- Business Requirements